Feeling down and you need a boost of encouragement? This site is for you!

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Paul Potts (Don't Judge the Book by its Cover)

efore Susan Boyle, Paul Potts brought goose­bumps to Britain’s Got Talent.

This is Simon Cowell’s and the other judges’ descrip­tion of Paul: “After a hor­ren­dous first day of audi­tions where the one high­light was a danc­ing pig… a very ner­vous look­ing mobile phone sales­man shuf­fled on to the stage. And I sighed and I thought, ‘here we go again’.”

“And then when he announced that he was going to sing opera, well, you’ll cringe inside won­der­ing what time­less clas­sic he was going to man­gle beyond recognition.”

“Then he opened his mouth, and much to all our sur­prise he had the voice of an angel. I couldn’t believe it. The audi­ence erupted in spon­ta­neous applause, and of course I burst into tears.”

“… Now I’ve never been par­tic­u­larly good at admit­ting I’m wrong; but I am happy tonight to cre­ate his­tory: I WAS WRONG.”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DelJrP3P7tA&feature=player_embedded




No comments:

Post a Comment